The Law Society has established the following schemes to assist and support members.
Not sure which support scheme addresses your issues? You can write to email@example.com for more information.
Practice Consult is a practice management support initiative of the Society, which provides assistance and guidance to practitioner members on practice management issues.
What is it
Under the Practice Consult scheme, practitioners with queries or concerns on practice management issues may seek guidance from a legal practice management consultant.
What Guidance Can I Get
Guidance on legal practice management issues including
- starting a law firm
- law firm practice management and compliance
- law firm digital transformation and automation
practice risk management;
- business development and planning
- human resources and personnel management; and
- client relationships and communication
Who Provides the Guidance?
Is Confidentiality Assured?
Yes, the Law Society’s only involvement is in the administration of the scheme and payment of the operational costs. Any information that it may receive in the course of administration of the scheme is on a no-name basis or of a non-identifying nature, such as the number of consultations sought.
Who Can Apply?
Any practitioner member by prior appointment
How to Apply?
Simply contact our Communications and Membership Interest department at 6530 0253 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or call Serena Lim of Bizibody Technology Pte Ltd at 6521 7025.
What is it?
A confidential counselling service administered in conjunction with our partner, Counseling Perspective Pte Ltd. Under the scheme, members may seek advice and counselling from a qualified counsellor with our partner.
The counsellor will:
- aim to understand and assess the nature of the problem
- elucidate the underlying and precipitating factors
- discuss the nature of the problem and available options for its management
As of 1 May 2022, there will be a cap of three co-paid sessions for members, at a 50-50 co-pay proportion.
Do note that the Law Society will not be able to cover costs beyond the third session. For more information on rates, please contact our partner, Counseling Perspective Pte Ltd.
Is Confidentiality Assured?
Yes, the Law Society’s only involvement is to administer the operational costs, and receive non-identifying information such as the number of consultations.
Please note, however, that members will be responsible for any cancellation and/or no-show fees directly with the counselling partner. In the event that Law Society has to bear the member’s cancellation or no-show fee as a result of repeated cancellation or no-show without valid reason, the member’s name may be released to the Law Society.
Whom Do I Contact?
We thank the following donors for their generous contributions
Legal Clinic LLC
Michael Hwang, SC
- National Care Hotline: 1800-202-6868 (8am – 8pm)
- Institute of Mental Health’s Mental Health Helpline: 6389-2222 (24 hours)
- Samaritans of Singapore: 1800-221-4444 (24 hours) /1-767 (24 hours)
- Singapore Association for Mental Health: 1800-283-7019
- Silver Ribbon Singapore: 6386-1928
- Tinkle Friend: 1800-274-4788 and www.tinklefriend.sg
- Community Health Assessment Team: 6493-6500/1 and www.chat.mentalhealth.sg
- TOUCHline (Counselling): 1800-377-2252
- TOUCH Care Line (for seniors, caregivers): 6804-6555
- Care Corner Counselling Centre: 1800-353-5800