Join as Member
The Law Society was established under the Legal Profession Act in 1967. It carries out various statutory functions, including:
- Maintaining and improving the standards of conduct and learning of the legal profession in Singapore;
- Facilitating the acquisition of legal knowledge by members of the legal profession ;
- Representing, protecting and assisting members of the legal profession in Singapore; promoting in any manner the Society thinks fit the interests of the legal profession in Singapore; and
- Protecting and assisting the public in all matters ancillary or incidental to the law.
Every Singapore lawyer who has in force a practising certificate is automatically a member of the Law Society. Foreign practitioners in Singapore registered with the Legal Services Regulatory Authority under Section 36B and 36D of the Legal Profession Act are required to be Mandatory Associate Members of the Law Society.
The following are eligible to apply for associate membership as “non-practitioner members” of the Law Society:
- Any advocate and solicitor who does not have in force a practising certificate;
- Any qualified foreign lawyer registered in their home jurisdiction and not registered with Legal Services Regulatory Authority to practice in Singapore, and is ordinarily resident in Singapore;
- Any qualified person ordinarily resident in Singapore;
- Members of the academic staff of the Law Faculty of the (1) National University of Singapore, or (2) Singapore Management University, or (3) Singapore University of Social Sciences
- Students resident in Singapore who are attending a course of study leading to a qualification under Section 2(2) of the Legal Profession Act
Law students from the National University of Singapore, Singapore Management University, or Singapore University of Social Sciences are entitled to the Law Society’s student membership rate.
Click here to apply to be a non-practitioner member.
A foreign lawyer who is duly registered with the Legal Services Regulatory Authority to practise foreign law in Singapore under Section 36C of the Legal Profession Act is eligible to apply for associate membership with the Law Society of Singapore.
Click here to apply to be an associate member.
For more information, please write to firstname.lastname@example.org
Annual Membership Fees
(1 June – 31 May)
|Annual Subscription Fee (Incl. 9% GST)
Non-Practitioner member (Student Rate)