Wellbeing Resources for Members
Practice Well is an initiative by the Law Society to curate and produce programmes and resources to help legal professionals find their balance to thrive in the profession.
In January 2022 the Law Society launched its first-ever Practice Well Week, to raise awareness about mental health and wellbeing in the legal profession, and encourage members to be more proactive about their wellbeing across five core pillars – Emotional, Social, Intellectual, Occupational, Physical.
The various resources and activities can be accessed by clicking on the links below.
- “It’s Time to Talk About Mental Health in Asia’s Legal Industry” – Law.com
- Lawyer Mental Health and Wellness: Changing the Conversation – Clio.com
- The Next Normal: Invest in People Engagement to Energise Your Team – Susan de Silva, Singapore Law Gazette
Click here for more
- TED Talk: How Great Leaders Inspire Action – Simon Sinek
- High Quality Relationships Resources Guide by Institute for Well-being in Law
- Workplace Well-Being – Office of the U.S. Surgeon General
- Lawyers Depression Project
- Building the Business Case: Workplace Health Promotion ROI Calculator
- Mindful Business Singapore
- TED Radio Hour on ‘The Meaning of Work‘
- Unbeatable Mind with Mark Divine
- The Accidental Creative
- Feel Better, Live More with Dr Rangan Chetterjee on
Why Friendships, Community and Compassion Matter for Our Health
- Lawyers Living Well on ‘Emotional Wellbeing‘
- The Model Health Show series
- Examining the Legal Industry: Mental Health – Parenthetically Podcast Series
- Tennessee Bar Association Podcast Network’s show, HealthyBar
If you need further assistance, consider seeking professional support.
The organisations listed below are independent of the Law Society and can provide crisis or emergency support:
Samaritans of Singapore (SOS) 24-hr Hotline: 1800-221-4444
Institute of Mental Health (IMH) Hotline: 6389-2222
National CARE Hotline: 1800-202-6868