LawSoc CPD Programmes - Terms & Conditions
1. General Terms and Conditions
- Registration closes on the date as stipulated on the registration page or when all seats are filled.
- Allocation of seats is on a first-come-first-served basis and there are limited seats for each programme.
- The registration fee is due and payable upon registration and must be received prior to the programme.
- Payment must be made by the closing date stated. Registration will only be confirmed upon receipt of full payment.
- The Law Society reserves the right to refuse to register or admit any participant, and to cancel or postpone the programme.
- For paid registrations, a substitute delegate is welcome, provided that The Law Society is notified in writing of the substitute delegate’s name and particulars at least 3 working days before the programme. Substitution of registrant is not applicable for “Free” registration tickets.
2. Terms and Conditions for Free Webinars
- “Free” registration tickets are extended only to Law Society of Singapore Members. Note: Other employees of law firms are not eligible
- “Free” Registration tickets are strictly non-transferable.
- If a Member is found to have lapsed in attendance of 3 free webinars, without cancellation of registration at least 3 working days prior to the event, their subsequent free registrations will be rejected and the usual registration fee will apply. Strictly no exemptions will be considered.
3. Cancellation and Refund of Fees
- Participants who cancel their registration before the commencement date shall be liable to pay the percentage of the registration fee set out as follows:
- 20 calendar days before commencement date: 25% of registration fee.
- 8 to 19 calendar days before commencement date: 50% of registration fee.
- 7 calendar days or less before commencement date: 100% of registration fee.
- Participants who cancel their registration without prior payment shall also be liable to the cancellation fee set out in 3.1. In the event that the payment for cancellation fee is not received despite multiple chasers, a tax invoice will be issued and mailed to your law practice/organisation.
- Participants who are unable to attend the programme due to medical exigencies will be subject to a cancellation fee of 50% of the registration fee.
4. Utilisation of SkillsFuture Credit (SFC) (if applicable)
- Participant who wish to utilise his/her SkillsFuture Credit (SFC) must submit his/her application of claim on the SFC website and make payment of the remaining fee (if any) before the commencement date. In the event that the submission of SFC or full payment is not received prior to the commencement date, the registration will be deemed cancelled and the participant is liable for the cancellation fees set out in 3.1.
- Do note that claims to SFC must be made at least two weeks before the commencement of the programme date.
- All claim submissions made on or after the commencement of the programme date will not be entertained and processed.