Ethics in Practice & Legal Profession (Solicitors’ Accounts) Rules
Please read the entirety of this page (including the section titled “For All Registrants”) before registering.
1. Ethics in Practice
Ethics in Practice is structured as a comprehensive programme using mini lectures and case-study discussions to provide an in-depth understanding of how complex professional ethics issues arise in a practice environment. Through interactive roleplaying exercises and videos, participants will learn how to make better ethical decisions and enhance their awareness of ethical issues that are embedded in real-life situations. To reinforce participants’ learning, a learning assessment will be conducted at the end of the programme.
By the end of Ethics in Practice, the participants will have an understanding of the following:
- How complex professional ethics issues arise in a practice environment;
- How to make better ethical decisions; and
- How to enhanve awareness of ethical issues that are embedded in real-life situations.
2. Legal Profession (Solicitors’ Accounts) Rules
Legal Profession (Solicitors’ Accounts) Rules is intended to equip practitioners with the essential foundation to understanding solicitor’s roles and responsibilities under the Legal Profession (Solicitors’ Accounts) Rules and the implications and impact of breach of these rules. It is structured as a comprehensive programme. using mini-lectures and case-study discussions with our experts to enhance learning of key accounting principles and concepts every legal practitioner should know. A learning assessment based on the learning outcomes of the primer will be administered at the end of the course to gauge the extent of understanding of the registrant.
By the end of Legal Profession (Solicitors’ Accounts) Rules, the participants will have an understanding of the following:
- The rationale for rules made under Legal Profession Act relating to solicitors’ accounts
- Key accounting principles and concepts; and
- Solicitor’s roles and responsibilities under the Legal Profession (Solicitors’ Accounts) Rules.
Please read the following before registering:
For Practice Trainees:
1. All Practice Trainees are required to register and complete 2 online learning courses:
a. e-Learning: Ethics in Practice and
b. e-Learning: Legal Profession (Solicitors’ Accounts) Rules
2. Completion of the courses fulfills the guidelines issued by the Singapore Institute of Legal Education (previously the “Board of Legal Education”) for purposes of the SILE’s Guidelines for Practice Training Contracts issued (with effect from 3 May 2011) pursuant to Rule 23 of the Legal Profession (Admission) Rules 2011.
3. Fore more information on the Practice Training Contract Guideline by SILE, please click here.
4. All Practice Trainees are only required to register for ONE session on e-Learning: Ethics in Practice and ONE session on e-Learning: Legal Profession (Solicitors’ Accounts) Rules and to complete the viewing and learning assessment within the date and time stipulated in the confirmation note. Strictly no extension is allowed.
For ALL Registrants:
1. The confirmation note which will come in a form of an e-mail notification with the user ID, password and viewing instructions within 3 working days after successful registration.
2. Please note that your timed access to the programme will begin once your user account is activated. You will then have 3 calendar days to complete each individual course.
3. Requests for change of access dates and extensions will not be entertained. Special cases will be examined on a case-by-case basis.
4. A learning assessment will be administered at the end of the course to gauge the extend of understanding of the registrant. The passing mark for the learning assessment is 80% and registration is given 2 attempts to complete the learning assessment.
5. The certificate will only be generated after the completion of the entirety of each programme, including the end-of course survey.
6. Please ensure that the e-mail address provided during registration is correct. Do also check your junk/spam folder.
7. Should you not receive the confirmation note within 2 working days after registration, please contact us at the e-mail provided below.
8. Payment of registration is strictly by Credit Card/PayPal only.
9. By continuing to register, you acknowledge that you have read through the entirety of this page.