Corporate & Commercial
AVODAH ADVOCATES LLCAVODAH ADVOCATES LLC
Avodah Advocates is a boutique corporate and commercial law practice with its clientele in mind.
Our clients range from small businesses, SMEs, start-ups, social enterprises, corporations, VWOs and fintech – platforms.
We provide legal solutions for our clients’ business because we know business. Our clients know they can trust us with their business. Our partnership with them are for the long-term.
We cater to all aspects of our clients’ business and operations; from structuring to supply of services, to transactional, to acquisitions and collaborations and asset-protection.
Company legal services:
- company secretarial services, nominee directorships and incorporation;
- shares and shareholder issues;
- board of directors; and
- company regulatory and compliance matters under the Companies Act.
Corporate legal services:
- structuring your divestments and investments;
- structuring your acquisitions of shares and assets;
- reviewing financial documentation;
- conducting due diligence; and
- rendering advice on risk management and employment and employee handbook issues.
Commercial legal services:
- sale of goods and supply of services contracts;
- vendor, supply and procurement contracts;
- marketing, branding and distribution agreements;
- services and service level agreements;
- I.T. and software development agreements, e-commerce contracts;
- tenancy and lease;
- franchises and licenses; and
- joint ventures and other collaboration and business agreements.
- issue of Legal Opinion;
- advice on regulatory guidelines for fintech businesses;and
- application for licences.
We know our clients, like you, budget costs for any legal matter and we work on the Pareto Principle. We always seek to give you back 80% of the results and value for 20% of the costs.
With Avodah Advocates, you can always be assured of a fair fee in return for quality services and advice.
We are, after all, Business Advocates who advocate your business.
|Elaine Phang holds a LL.B (Hons) degree from Queen Mary College, University of London where she graduated in 1992. She was called to the Singapore Bar in 1994.
She is an Associate Mediator of the Singapore Mediation Centre and a Court-appointed Volunteer Mediator.
Elaine has had more than 20 years’ of experience in legal practice which focused on Company Law and Corporate and Commercial Law and Estate Planning.
She began her career in the Banking Litigation department of a major law firm and later moved in-house for the next 10 years across 3 global MNCs before moving back into corporate and commercial legal practice.
Her experience in commercial transactions covering lease and tenancy management; vendor and procurement; marketing, branding and distribution; software development and service level agreements.
Elaine has represented both purchasers and vendors in a number of mergers and acquisitions; one of which was a reverse takeover and another, an acquisition of a formerly publicly traded company.
In funding exercises, she has provided advice at the seed, mezzanine and bridge financing stages; which involved preferred equity financing and convertible loan note financing.
Her experience also includes project financing of utility projects such as tolls, waste-management and water projects. In these project financings, she negotiated and drafted key project and financing agreements.
During her stint as Legal Counsel in a US MNC, she carried a dual portfolio which comprised of legal work of a corporate and commercial nature and risk management. There, she single-handedly built the Asia-Pacific risk management framework to mitigate risks in all areas, in particular legal and actuarial risks.
Some areas of her continuing legal education include International Financial Law Executive Program conducted by the New York Institute of Finance; Knowledge Management; Risk Management.