Legal Practice Management Course (22nd Run)
Start Date/Time:Thursday, 27 February, 2020 9:30 AM
End Date/Time:Friday, 28 February, 2020 1:00 PM
Location:The URA Centre – 45 Maxwell Road, 5th Storey (Podium Block) – Function Hall, Singapore 069118
|No. of Public CPD Points: 8.5|
Practice Area: Ethics and Professional Responsibility
Training Level: General
ABOUT THE PROGRAMME
The 22nd Legal Practice Management Course is conducted by the Law Society together with The College of Law (‘COL’) for the online learning modules. Completion of this Course counts towards fulfillment of the requirement set out in section 75C(1)(a) of the Legal Profession Act. Delivered using a combination of lectures, case studies and panel discussions, this Course is taught by subject matter experts in law practice management.
The Course is structured as a comprehensive 1 1/2-day programme. Aside from the foundational session on law practice management, it includes topics of current relevance to practitioners such as professional ethics, anti-money laundering regulations, personal data protection and practice management essentials. This Course is vital for any member who wishes to start his own practice or to manage it better.
Access to the COL online modules will be available for participants from 13 February 2020 to 31 March 2020. Strictly no extension is allowed. An email from The College of Law with log-in details will be sent to participants with further access information.
If you are attending the Course as a mandatory requirement, please note that the Notice of Registration and Undertaking to Complete Course as well as the LPMC Registration Form should be submitted by 5pm, 31 January 2020 (Friday). The online form may be found here: http://www.lawsociety.org.sg/For-Lawyers/Running-Your-Practice/Forms .
Please note that physical attendance for the entire duration of the course is required.
Please note that priority will be given to those attending the Course on a mandatory basis.
An “e-Certificate of Completion” will be issued to participants who complete the entire Course.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
Section 75C of the Legal Profession Act requires a solicitor to have successfully completed a Legal Practice Management Course before he/ she can practice on his/ her own account or as partner or director of a law practice, unless the solicitor has already been in practice as a sole proprietor, partner or director before 9 March 2007.
This Course is also RECOMMENDED for any solicitor who wishes to acquire or brush up on skills relevant to setting up and developing a successful legal practice.
- Alvin Chen – Director, Legal Research and Development, The Law Society of Singapore
- K Gopalan – Director (Conduct), The Law Society of Singapore
- S. Suressh – Partner (Civil and Commercial Litigation), Harry Elias Partnership
- Jeffrey Lim – Director, Joyce A Tan & Partners
- Stefanie Lim – Assistant Director, (Legal Productivity and Innovation), The Law Society of Singapore
- Fiona Tan – Senior Manager, Creative and Professional Services Division, Workforce Singapore
- K. Sarogenei – Chief Executive Officer, Lockton Companies (Singapore) Pte Ltd
- Michael S Chia – Managing Director, MSC Law Corporation
- Celestine Koh – Founder / Strategy Director, Piquant Ideas
- Susan de Silva – The Silva Coach
- Samuel Chacko – Director, Legis Point LLC
- Kuah Boon Theng, SC – Director, Legal Clinic LLC
For more information, please click here for the publicity brochure.
To register, please click here: https://www.eventnook.com/event/lawsoccpd-68476-68526-68534-68690-68922-69531-69976-70061/home