Start Date/Time: Thursday, 4 June, 2020 8:30 AM
End Date/Time: Friday, 5 June, 2020 6:00 PM
Location: This event will be conducted via live synchronous e-learning.
|No. of Public CPD Points: 12|
Practice Area: Professional Skills
Training Level: General
ABOUT THE PROGRAMME
How can you communicate more effectively to a team that’s under pressure when you yourself are stressed?
With the world having been thrown into disarray by the coronavirus, teams are looking to their leaders for direction, nurture, and support. It is very important during these times, that as a leader, you have a good understanding of yourself. This 2-day workshop will help you deepen your understanding of your leadership style and how you can adapt your management of the team to an operating environment that has moved rapidly from the physical office to a virtual environment, and back again.
Understanding yourself and building emotional resilience will in turn enable you to manage your stakeholders better. This WSQ Leadership and People Management (LPM) course – Developing Personal Effectiveness for Legal Practitioners is based on the national framework developed by SSG. The contents and context of the programme are specially developed for members of The Law Society of Singapore (LSS), based on the findings from the focus groups organised by LSS.
The 2-day Workshop will cover the following:
- Understanding your personality and behavioural profile as an individual as well as a leader, in the context of a law firm
- The impact of your personality on your communication and leadership style to your team members and clients
- How to communicate effectively with your team members and clients based on your personality profile
- Building your influence as a member of the team and potential leader in the law firm
- Stakeholder management as a lawyer
- Understanding Emotional Intelligence (EI)
- How to build Emotional Intelligence for yourself and your team members
Conducted via synchronous e-learning, the 2-day programme will help lawyers gain better self-awareness of themselves as a member of a team as well as future leaders of the firm. The programme is facilitated using a blend of experiential activities, games, discussions and case studies to transfer learning to leaders in a practical and psychologically safe manner. It includes the DiSC profile and other proprietary personality profiles. Be prepared to know yourself really well.
Participants will be issued a Statement of Attainment (SOA) by WDA upon successful completion of each module.
- Elvin Tay – Seraphcorp Institute
- James Westberry – Seraphcorp Institute
For more information, please click here for the publicity brochure.
To register, please click here for the registration form.