Loan of iPads for Proview
In collaboration with Thomson Reuters, the Law Society of Singapore is pleased to introduce its members to ProView, a digital library designed especially for legal professionals.
ProView is a professional grade platform that enables users to read legal content, add working notes, colour-coded highlights and bookmarks to legal text. You can even save, print or email legal text with your annotations intact. Find content fast using ProView’s powerful search tool across titles and within titles to expedite your legal research.
Access ProView today to download your complimentary copy of the Singapore Law Gazette (“SLG”), Law Society Practice Directions & Rulings Guide and the Law Society’s Conveyancing Circulars, Practice Directions & Rulings.
LOAN OF IPAD
Members can access ProView on the 2 iPads in the State Courts Bar Room, 1 iPad in the Supreme Court Bar Room and 2 iPads at our 39 South Bridge Road Office (“SBR Office”) for members’ use. Use of the iPads at the SBR Office is available only by submitting this online form to us.
In addition to the SLG, Law Society Practice Directions & Rulings Guide and the Law Society’s Conveyancing Circulars, Practice Directions & Rulings, members will also enjoy access to a list of 16 local commentary titles for free*.
ON YOUR OWN PERSONAL DEVICE
To access ProView on your own personal device, please follow these easy steps:
Step 1: Register your interest by sending an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org Members who sign up will also receive a free copy of the Companies Act 2015 (CAP.50, 2006 Edition).
Step 2: Wait for an e-mail with instructions on ProView eBook app download, login details and how to access the SLG and other eBooks.
Please note that members will also be entitled to a discount of 20% applicable to all eBooks published by Thomson Reuters Singapore available for purchase on ProView for their personal use.
*The following titles will only be accessible on the iPads at the Law Society of Singapore’s premises at South Bridge Road:
1. Arbitration in Singapore: A Practical Guide (2014)
2. Business Guide to Competition Law: Managing Your Risks (2011)
3. Companies Act (Cap 50, 2006 Revised Edition) (2015)
4. Construction Contracts Dictionary (2014)
5. Corporate Governance of Listed Companies in Singapore (2013)
6. Elements of Construction Law (2015)
7. Law of Intellectual Property in Singapore (2014)
8. Law of Trademarks and Passing Off in Singapore (2014)
9. Law and Practice of Construction Contract, Volumes 1 and 2 (2012)
10. Law Relating to Specific Contracts in Singapore (2008)
11. Major Issues in Shipping Law (2014)
12. Mediation in Singapore – A Practical Guide (2015)
13. Model Commercial Contracts and Letters (2014)
14. Singapore Civil Procedure, Volumes 1 and 2 (2015)
15. Singapore Precedents of Pleadings (2010)
16. Walter Woon on Company Law (2009)
Please click here for a brief synopsis of the above eBooks on ProView.
A detailed list of devices and instructions on how to access ProView via application or via the internet can be found here.