31st LAWASIA Conference 2018
2-5 November 2018, Sofitel Angkor Phokeethra Golf & Spa Resort, Siem Reap, Cambodia
THEME: 'New Era for South East Asia'
ABOUT THE CONFERENCE:
The Annual Conference will examine a range of topics, including:
- the Chinese economic and strategic agenda known as the 'Belt & Road';
- the advent of third party funding in arbitration and its effect on the resolution of environmental disputes in South East Asia;
- Foreign Direct Investment in developing Asia;
- tax incentives as a catalyst to economic development in Indochina;
- disability rights in the ESCAP region;
- the interests of young lawyers, providing a forum to raise issues of particular concern to the next generation of practitioners;
- funding the digital economy - the role of financial technology in achieving financial inclusion for sectors of the community in developing countries;
- impact of climate change on human rights;
- EU-ASEAN trade agreements;
- developments in family law disputes in the Asia Pacific region;
- artificial intelligence and the employment law implications;
- intellectual property rights in the Indochinese region; and many more.
Please visit the conference website to register and for more information on travel, accommodation and the conference program.