No. of Public CPD Points: 12.0
Practice Area: Professional Skills
Training Level: General
ABOUT THE PROGRAMME
'Facilitating Workplace Coaching Conversations for Legal Practitioners' is a 2.5-day programme designed to equip legal practitioners with the knowledge, competencies, and micro-skills to coach their team members for better performance. The programme is designed specifically for legal practitioners with little/no experience in performance management and workplace coaching. The training emphasises developing a coaching presence and micro-skills and is highly practical, drawing on common HR experiences that legal practitioners face in their firms. The programme ends with a half-day group supervision session where participants discuss their experiences facilitating workplace coaching conversations back at their workplace, to enhance the transfer of learning.
The programme is facilitated by the faculty that trains the WSQ Leadership and People Mgmt programmes for legal practitioners.
As part of the programme, participants are required to undergo a 1-hour coaching programme with one of the coaches to have a first-hand experience of coaching. They will also be required to bring in recordings of coaching conversations that they have with their team members for learning purposes.
After the programme, participants should be able to conduct a meaningful workplace coaching conversation as part of the performance management process in their firms.
At the end of the programme, participants will be able to:
1. Understand the fundamentals of workplace coaching
- Differences between coaching, mentoring, and therapy
- How workplace differs from executive coaching
- Ethics of coaching
- Philosophical assumptions of coaching
2. Appreciate their strengths and vulnerabilities as a workplace coach
- The coach’s communication styles
- The coach’s mental models and ladder of inference
3. Facilitate a coaching conversation at the workplace
- Framework and purpose of the coaching conversation
- Micro-skills to use during the coaching process
- Using the right questions
- Analysing transactions
- Exposing the left-hand column
- Inquiry and advocacy
- Functional fluency
4. Acquire practical experience in workplace coaching
- Learners will be required to bring in a recording of a coaching conversation that they had for learning and debriefing purposes
5. Experience coaching first-hand
- Learners will have to attend 1 coaching session with a trained and certified coach
For more information, please click here for the publicity brochure.
To register, please click here: https://www.lawsociety.org.sg/registration?id=FacilitatingWorkplaceCoachingConversationsforLegalPractitioners.aspx.