(An Education Fund Subsidy Scheme for Online Knowledge Database)
From 1 March 2017 to 30 June 2017, each Singapore law practice ('SLP') can apply under SmartLaw Assist for a subsidy of the first year subscription fees of one of the following approved online knowledge databases (subject to terms and conditions in the Application Form).
The subsidies will come from the Education Fund and the maximum amount of subsidies put aside for this scheme is S$300,000. Applications will be considered on a first-come-first-serve basis.
- Small SLPs with 5 or fewer lawyers can enjoy the subsidy for the following SAL, Thomson Reuters or Lexis Nexis package.
- Medium sized SLPs with more than 5 but fewer than 31 lawyers can enjoy the subsidy for the following SAL or Lexis Nexis package.
- Large SLPs with more than 30 lawyers can enjoy the subsidy for the following SAL package.
Details of the online knowledge databases and their pricing are as follows:
|Product ||Cost and Eligibility ||Cost after 70% subsidy ||Deal applicable to subscriptions not subsidised by Law Society |
|SAL: LawNet Premium (see Annex A of the Application Form for further details) || |
- $300 p.a. per SLPs of 1 to 10 lawyers
- $600 p.a. per SLPs of 11 to 40 lawyers
- $900 p.a. per SLPs of more than 40 lawyers
- $90 p.a. per SLPs of 1 to 10 lawyers
- $180 p.a. per SLPs of 11 to 40 lawyers
- $270 p.a. per SLPs of more than 40 lawyers
|Yes, deal is available to all SLPs which sign up before 30 June 2017. |
For more info, please contact Simon Chia at +65 6332 0078
|Lexis Nexis: Singapore Court Practice and Practical Guidance – Employment (see Annex B of the Application Form for further details) ||Eligible only for SLPs with 30 or fewer lawyers: |
$60 for Singapore Court Practice and $38 for Practical Guidance - Employment (must be concurrently subscribed to)
|Total cost of $672 p.a. ||Yes for SLPs with 5 or fewer lawyers. For pricing, please contact Lester Poon. |
Mobile: 9117 6190
Not for SLPs with more than 5 lawyers. For pricing, please contact Perry Tan.
Mobile: 9820 9986
|Thomson Reuters: Westlaw Asia and ProView Content Package including The White Book (see Annex C of the Application Form for further details) ||Eligible only for SLPs with 5 or fewer lawyers at $60/month ($720 p.a.) ||Total cost of $216 p.a. ||Yes for SLPs with 5 or fewer lawyers - please go to www.sweetandmaxwellasia.com.sg/LawSociety to sign up. |
Not for SLPs with more than 5 lawyers. For pricing, please contact: Keith Tan at +65 6318-4872 or firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply for SmartLaw Assist, please print out and fill up this Application Form and e-mail it to: email@example.com